Patient Statements will run based on parameters that you set up and manage.
Navigate to Utilities > Preferences > Statement Settings from the Billing Dashboard
Click Preferences and then Statement Settings.
Click +New Statement.
Please fill out the statement details and click Save.
Statement details explained
- Cycle Frequency: You can choose to have the statement generated weekly, monthly, or manually.
- If you choose to have your statements generated on a weekly basis, the same patient will NOT get another statement a week later. RXNT will queue up those who have not received a statement in the last 30 days (based on the days between cycles) each week . While you may be running your statements weekly, patients are still only receiving a statement once a month.
- If you choose to have your statements generated manually, statements will not run automatically on a specific date and you'll have full control over generating statements. However, all other statement settings except for the "Run On" will apply to these manually generated statements.
- Run-on Date: If the cycle frequency is Weekly, you can choose to have it run on any day of the week or weekend. If it is monthly, you can choose the first day of the month, the last day of the month, and up to the 27th of the month.
- Minimum Balance Amount: You can select the minimum balance the patient owes to generate a statement. For example, if you select $5, no statements will be generated for patients owing less than $5. This balance pertains to the overall balance on the patient account, not one date of service or one line item.
- Maximum Attempts: You can choose how many statements you want the patient to receive before you start your in-house collections process. For example, if you set up five maximum attempts, as long as the patient is paying consistently, their cycle will go back to one. If the patient pays after their third statement, their cycle goes back to 1. Maximum attempts apply when the patient is not paying at all.
- Bad Debt Attempt: You can decide the number of statements that trigger payment delinquency. Currently, RXNT does not have a collections module. This alerts the billing office so you know a patient has not paid and can decide the next action.
- Administrative Fee: You can add a fee to the statement to cover additional costs. For example, if you want to recoup the cost of mailing out multiple statements, you could add the fee here.
- Message Line: Adding a custom message for patients.
RXNT's administrative fee feature allows doctor companies to charge patients a fee of any amount of choice for late statements. This will incentivize prompt payment and recoup administrative costs for multiple statement generation attempts.
Set up administrative fee
Click Preferences and Statement Settings.
Click +New Statement.
Enter a fee in the Administrative Fee column for statement attempt numbers that need to be charged. It is not mandatory to have an administrative fee associated with all statement attempt numbers.
When the next statement cycle runs, an administrative fee will be generated based on the entries made in the statement settings. This will be added to the patient statement and the system will also generate an administrative fee encounter containing the details about the administrative fee generated.
The generated administrative encounter will be in the Billed tab, and the encounter status will be ReadyToBill. The administrative fee encounter is available for reporting in the Transaction Journal Report and Aging Report.
Administrative fee encounter example
Patient statement with administrative fee example
The most recent administrative fee will be displayed above the other administrative fee.
Click Payment Options.
Select the correct options you would like and click Save.
Click on the desired statement preference settings and click Save.
Go to the Statement Queue screen and click on the Generate Statement button to generate a statement.
A new statement cycle is generated, and statements are added to the "Pending" tab. When the confirmation message Generate statement process will be completed soon appears, click on the Ok button to close the message.
Note: The Generate Statement button will be disabled until the statement generation process is completed.
After processing pending statements, a confirmation message with a date and time stamp will appear next to the re-enabled Generate Statement button.
Multiple cases and various Guarantors
Once the statement cycle runs, the patient statements will be ready to be printed, mailed manually, or sent to the clearinghouse.
On the billing dashboard, click Pending Statements.
Choose how you want statements printed: in-house or via a printing service. Select the appropriate statements and click Send to Printing Service or Print Selected.
A patient statement will be sent to the patient's guarantor.
Note: The Guarantor is the responsible party that receives the statement for the provided service related to the patient's visit.
Below is an example statement of the patient and C/O's Last name, dad, who is the guarantor and appears on the statement as the responsible party.
- If there are multiple guarantors for the same patient, then different guarantors receive a statement each.
- If there are multiple patients with the same guarantor, then the guarantor receives a different statement for each patient.
Still need help? Contact us!
Have a great idea? Tell us about it!