RXNT is working on an insurance redesign project. This aim of this project is to alleviate your concerns with posting insurance payments and ensure that you save and post payments as quickly as possible. This project will be completed in phases.
The main objectives are:
- Quick and easy data entry.
- Data entry using only a keyboard.
- Stop manual errors before posting.
- Clarity in hierarchy of data entry.
- Clear representation of the data received on an ERA.
- No ambiguity in the payment workflows and data elements on the payment screen.
Insurance payments phase 1:
WHAT: For manual insurance payments, the required fields to save the payment amount get captured in the beginning before being directed to the actual insurance payment screen.
- Quick data entry to save payments.
- Avoids human errors in mistyping or missing the required fields.
- The hierarchy of data entry is clear. There is no need to search for the data and enter a value.
- It paves the way to phase 2
Phase 1 workflow
- Click “New Payment” on the Insurance Payment screen.
- See a pop-up with the following fields:
- Payer: Select a payer from the drop-down by typing the payer name or clicking the down arrow button. It is not a mandatory field. Click Tab to move your cursor to the Payment Method field.
- Payment Method: Use the down arrow to select a payment method. It is a mandatory field.
- If the payment method is a Check or EFT#, enter the Check or EFT# field and enter the details. Click Tab to move your cursor to the Payment Amount field
- Payment Amount: Enter a payment amount. Click Tab to move your cursor to the Payment Date field.
- Payment Date: Enter a payment date.
- Click Enter to create and save the payment.
- This will open the current payment screen with the patient search pop-up. The details of the payment created will be displayed behind the pop-up.
What’s coming next?
Allows you to select the patient, service date, and line item details, including the allowed amount, adjustment code, adjustment amount, and payment amount, before being navigated to the current insurance payment for review.
Allows you options to review the summary of the details entered, along with the workflow to handle write-offs, denial, and payment codes.
Still, need help? Contact us!
Have a great idea? Tell us about it!